Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Take me away ...

I love Australia and love being Australian. But there's one thing that really sucks about living here. Everything is so expensive! I mean we pay such high taxes/mark-ups on the things that I love. That's if you can find it here down under. Clothes, shoes and the biggest killers? Designer handbags and cosmetics. I want to go overseas so bad! But knowing me, I would probably try to bring everything home and exceed my luggage limit ... ahem and the luggage of those who are unfortunate enough to be with me. 

Okay, I'm dreaming. I don't have even the funds at this point in time to even go on a holiday, not to mention buying anything and everything that catches my eye. This is why I am going start a new wishlist called "things I'd buy overseas-TIBO" and hope that it's going to motivate me to save more.

Too kick things off, the first thing on my list ... A Balenciaga bag ! I really like the "First".. I don't have many mid-sized bags and I think this would be really versatile. A throw on with any outfit and go.. It's listed on the US site for $1,245US. Expensive I know, but no where near as what some forums say you can get it for in Australia. I think someone on Vogue said it was about $2,000AU here. Big difference. 

I think a holiday to the US could easily cost me $20,000 or more. Sighs ... Time to start saving ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...