Monday, October 31, 2011

Chanel Christmas 2011 Collection

In my recent haul post I mentioned that I picked up the Lumiere Sculptee Highlighting Powder. This powder is the star product of the Christmas collection for 2011. I also purchased three other items from the collection that was also mentioned which were the Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Beige Lame, a Rouge Allure Lipstick in Enivree and the 6 Mini Brush Set.
Lumiere Sculptee Highlighting Powder
The intricate details on the powder itself is so pretty! I didn't even want to use it. It comes in the typical Chanel black compact and also features an angled powder/blush brush which is surprisingly usable unlike other included compact applicators I have come across.

The top layer of the powder is quite sparkly and glittery initially but once I managed to sweep it off, what was underneath was a finely milled highlighting powder that was not shimmery at all but rather leaves a more luminous finish.

Ombré Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Beige Lame
This colour is quite comparable to MAC's Rich Flesh from the N Collection several years back which has been my HG contouring shadow which I have been having a hard time finding a replacement for since it was a limited edition. Whilst it is quite glittery in the pan as shown in the picture it doesn't apply sparkly at all, which is perfect for me since I love using medium brown just to add depth to the crease of my eyes for an everyday look.

Rouge Allure Lipstick in Enivree
This lipstick is a rosy pink with a slight peachy undertone which is quite flattering on my skin tone. It has pink reflectives as well which I really like. It applies semi-opaque with a beautiful sheen. It gives my lips that perfect shade of rosy pink without it being too bright or overwhelming.
The final thing I picked up during my visit was the travel brush set. The thing that attracted me to this set was actually the cosmetic case that it came in. On one side is the separate areas for the included brushes and on the other, a zip pocket for the few essential makeup items which I find really handy. It keeps my makeup away from the brushes so any residue on the bristles don't dirty up the packaging on my makeup compacts etc.

I was advised by the makeup artist that these brushes are not machine manufactured and are made the same way as the full sized brushes only with a shorter handle.

As I mentioned, in the brush set you get 6 mini sized brushes:
- Angled powder/blush brush
- Foundation brush
- Eyeshadow brush
- Smudge/pencil brush
- Eyebrow brush
- Lip brush

Overall the quality of these brushes are definitely of higher grade than the MAC equivalent that being the short editions (SE). However, I only find them useful as touch up brushes as the quality is not exactly the best. I'm trying to get my hands on the Sigma brushes but haven't yet justified a reason to buy more brushes! To be honest I purchased the Chanel brush set because I needed a travel powder brush and was looking to purchase the larger version alone but the SA convinced me to purchase the set plus I loved the cosmetic bag it came in. What a sucker I am for all things Chanel!
All in all I am pretty pleased with the items I purchased from this collection. The colour scheme of the more neutral colors are right up my alley. All are very wearable and easily mixed up with other colour I already own but I've been wearing them together every day since the day I got them. Shows how much I love them! I am honestly considering getting backups but my recent hauling episodes have left my pockets empty and Chanel is so expensive here in Australia, I just wished I gave Dan a bigger list to get for me overseas duty free =(

I might post a FOTD using the Chanel products I purchased if I have time. Exams are creeping up on me once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...